Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Jasmine

Recently, i got take out from a Thai restaurant called Jasmine, and the food was surprisingly delicious.  I ordered medium hot Red Curry with pork and Bangkok Pasta with shrimp.  The Red Curry tasted so different to any other curries.  It was spicy, sweet, and a little bit sour.  It was full of vegetables like bamboo shoots, sweet peppers, and some basil leaves.  And the best part of the dish was the addition of coconut milk that brought the sweetness to the dish.  The Bangkok pasta that I had was also unique comparing with other pastas in the U.S.  The pasta was actually fried rice noodles with egg, veggies, bean sauce, and some basil leaves on top.  A little container of sweet sauce was given along with the Bangkok Pasta.  And indeed, the pasta tasted better with the sweet sauce.  The overall combination was just perfect.  I finished the pasta in just 6 minutes.  The prices were pretty fair considering the large amount of food given in one dish (around 8 dollars per lunch).  Here is the address of the restaurant: 1330 Niagara Falls Boulevard, Tonawanda, New York 14150

Red Curry with Pork



Bangkok Pasta with Shrimp


5 comments:

  1. I love Jasmine Thai. I often go there with fellow instructors and colleagues from UB. Great food. I love the Green Curry there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! I'm now addicted to their food. I get take out from Jasmine like at least twice a week.

      Delete
  2. pad-ki-pow is delicious there! I'm really into spicy food so it was great! their ice cream is pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think bangkok pasta is the best food in jasmine thai. I like the texture of the rice noodle, it is so chewy and yummy. once you start chewing the noodle you just want to keep chewing it and can't stop. But I think the amount is really little even though it tastes really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I worked there for a short while and the cooks made lunch and dinner for the employees to eat. It was like real Thai food, something you wouldn't get on the menu. They had such a variety of seafood and the amount of spicy was crazy!

    ReplyDelete