Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hot Pot hot hot hot

Hot pot is the most famous food in China. The food itself is not an actual hot pot but rather a hot pot that contains variety of soup boiled meat and vegetables. Every person in China enjoys eating hot pot because not only it is easy to prepare and cook but also it tastes delicious and hot. When I say hot, I literally mean it because the soup in the pot must be constantly boiled while eating. All you need to do is just put any type of meat of vegetable that you like in the soup and take them out when they are completely cooked. Depending on the flavor you like, you can make the soup non-spicy, super spicy or even slightly sweet. The picture showed below is my favorite hot pot and it is called yuan yang pot. As you can see, the pot is divided into two compartments, one is non-spicy and the other is spicy. People in China usually eat hot pot when celebrating new year, birthday or having a party. They feel happy and satisfied when sitting around a table with their family or friends while eating hot pot.


.

4 comments:

  1. The hot pot look like very delicious. the food around the hot pot are very various. The hot pot also is a great choice for reunion in the Chinese culture. Usually, I will have hot pot with a couple of friends together at least once a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had hot pot. A close friend in who lives in NYC always mentions we should try it while I am in the city, but I havent gotten around to it yet. I hear there are great restaurants in Chinatown and other Asian communities in the city that serve delicious hot pot. I want to learn more about Chinese cuisine, and this looks delicious. I really should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you definitely should give it a try. I mean you can even make your own hot pot at home. Just boil any kind of soup you like, and put any kind of meat, vegetables, beans or anything you would like eat in the soup.

      Delete
  3. Honestly, hot pot is my favorite dish in China especially during winter. All my family get together and sit around the hot pot to have a big meal. The weather outside is always snowing and the temperature inside is very high. Families chat together, have a hot pot and enjoy a cold beer! The feeling is so good!

    ReplyDelete