Saturday, April 20, 2013

Coca Cola Chinken Wings, simplest food to cook ever!!!!

Has any of you guys ever tried Coca Cola Chicken Wings or heard of it? Well my cousin made me Coca Cola chicken wings over the summer of last year, it tastes so yummy and it is really simple to cook. Before I had this type of chicken wing I never knew that Coca Cola can actually be used as an ingredient for cooking. So I did some research on Google. I found out that Coca-Cola chicken wings is a widely consumed and very popular dish in Hong Kong and in other parts of China. (Yeah I know, Isn't it kinda sad that I never had it before even though it is quite popular in China?) It’s nearly like the Asian equivalent to the popular American buffalo wings. It is commonly served as appetizers at bars and restaurants, and well known for its sweet taste and crunchy bite. Below are the recipe for the Coca Cola Chicken Wings. If any of you get a chance, you definitely should try it out!

ingredients
  • 8 (about 320grams) mid joint chicken wings
  • 1 tbsp cooking oil
  • 200 ml regular Coca-Cola (do not use diet or flavoured Coke)
  • 200 ml water
  • 1 tsp light soy sauce
  • 1-2 tsp dark soy sauce
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
Instructions
  1. Marinade the chicken wings in light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and sesame oil for 15 minutes.
  2. Heat oil in wok or saucepan and brown chicken on both sides.
  3. Add Coca-Cola, water and leftover marinade sauce. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce is reduced to a thick & sticky syrup, turning once halfway.



1 comment:

  1. This actually looks really good. Being a huge chicken wing fan, I may have to try these out soon! I've never really seen coca cola used this way but I can see how it would work. It's also interesting to see a product that originated in the U.S. being used unconventionally but with success on the other side of the world.

    ReplyDelete