Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Butterbeer Cupcakes

Hey all you Harry Potter fans! This is the butterbeer cupcake recipe that I used for our last potluck. If you liked them, here's the recipe. I follow it for the most part, but I use less ganache and don't fill the cupcakes as much as the recipe calls for. I think it can have a tendency to be too sweet so be careful with the sugar. I actually ran out of brown sugar last time and got creative with some maple syrup. If you want to or need to do this, it makes the cupcakes taste almost like pancakes. It's pretty awesome. I would suggest a large glass of milk when eating these super sweet treats.

I would also like to point out how funny and cool it is that fictional foods and desserts have made their way into real life. The blog where I got the recipe also gives recipes for cauldron cakes and more! You can find recipes for pumpkin pasties and chocolate frogs as well. There is also a recipe for butterbeer that has butterscotch schnapps in it if you're into that sort of thing.

Hardcore Potterheads for the win.

Here's the link: http://www.pastryaffair.com/blog/2011/7/14/butterbeer-cupcakes.html

4 comments:

  1. Yes! I'm glad you posted this. I want to attempt them. Also, that website is amazing. Everything on it looks super fun/fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious. I think it's interesting how a simple cupcake recipe can be modified to make a more decadent and film related dessert. You see a lot of these ideas on social networking like Pintrest such as sharks carved out of watermelons, brownie pancakes, and other simple foods transformed into something more that not only has many more flavors but also involves the idea of food as art.

    ReplyDelete