Sunday, April 28, 2013

Camping and Food

Earlier tonight I posted a short post about my camping experience and the kind of beer we drank. I almost forgot to mention that while I was camping with my friends, we realized just how much we take food for granted. Halfway through the weekend we realized that we had not bought enough food and were forced to make a 45 minute drive to the closest grocery market, which unfortunately was Walmart. Anyway we decided it would be a good idea to buy a pizza, since we all love pizza, and cook it in our tiny oven in our cabin. As soon as we got back to our cabin we realized we did not have a pan to put the pizza on, or tin foil, or a pizza cutter. It made me realize how much we rely on what we have at our own house to cook food. There we other times were I really craved a certain snack or food that would be readily available at my house, but no where to be fond in the cabin. Next time you're making food for yourself at home, remember how much we really take food for granted and what it means to have food readily available at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment