Monday, February 4, 2013

Trattoria Aroma

This past weekend I met up with friends to celebrate a birthday. I have heard a lot of buzz about the Trattoria Aroma company (there are two restaurants, a caffe, and a wine bar) so I was excited to try the one right off Main Street in Williamsville for the first time. The atmosphere was right up my alley. Brick walls and candles that made it feel very warm and "homey". It reminded me of a restaurant that I would go to back home with my family. They started us off with bread and a really good roasted red pepper oil that we couldn't stop eating. We ordered wine and split salads for an appetizer. I ordered a grilled romaine salad with prosciutto, roasted red peppers, walnuts, and gorgonzola cheese. The salad was delicious but was pretty small and probably not worth the $12 it cost. For my entree I fought between getting the butternut squash ravioli with pancetta, or the mushroom risotto. I decided to go with the ravioli and my roommate ordered the risotto so we could taste both. The butternut squash ravioli was delicious, but a little too sweet for my palate, even with the pancetta. On the other hand, the mushroom risotto was very salty. Because we decided to share the plates, I didn't mind the extreme flavors, but if I only had one of those entrees to eat, I don't know if I would have enjoyed the meal as much because the ravioli was as sweet as a dessert, and the risotto was very salty.

All-in-all I enjoyed the experience of the restaurant and would definitely give it another chance and try a different entree.

Below if a picture of the butternut squash ravioli with maple thyme cream sauce and pancetta.


2 comments:

  1. Chelsea,

    I really like Tattoria Aroma (I live right around the corner from the place on Bryant). But I would stay away from the Entrees. I like their Pizzas, salads and apps a lot, but I think their entrees are a bit overpriced and not that great. But the other stuff is amazing.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chelsea,

    I live directly behind Trattoria and work next door at Clayton's toys. We get their pizzas a lot and really enjoy them. I would also stay away from just about everything else due to the pricey menu. If you look in the parking lot there are Porsches, BMWs, and Lexus all over the place. They pride themselves on having really fresh and very authentic food. I would say that it tastes good, but really, they just put a ton of garlic in everything. If tons of garlic means authentic Italian food, then they nailed it.

    --Lauren

    ReplyDelete