Sunday, January 27, 2013

Brickhouse Birthday Bash

This past weekend, on Friday, my friends and I went to "Brickhouse Tavern + Tap" to celebrate a friends 22nd Birthday. It was a great atmosphere and the food was even better.
We started the dinner off with appetizers of spicy calamari. The order came with varied assortments of peppers that my friends enjoyed. I being the shy one when it comes to spicy foods was hesitant in trying the different peppers. I ended up tasting one of the lighter peppers, which actually tasted really good. There was a strong after sting with the pepper, but well worth the order. I ended up ordering a full rack of steak ribs and cajun fries. The full rack steak ribs came with extra barbecue sauce and already had barbecue sauce glazed onto the ribs. I had never tried cajun fries before and I was happily surprised because they turned out to be really nice. A different taste from the regular fries given at restaurants. I highly recommend this as a food choice.
My friends ended up having a much healthier choice at the restaurant. One ordered the Thai chopped salad, which came with peppers, peanuts, and chicken. I got a chance to taste it and it tasted really sweet and delicious, as if there was a honey type dressing, and I'm not that huge of a salad fan but would definitely order it if I was to go back. My other friend ordered a blue burger. I didn't get a chance to taste it but she did finish her whole meal which showed that she thoroughly enjoyed her meal, and most probably would recommend it.
For those over 21, they also have a great drink selection. My friends and I ordered "The Zombie". Now on the menu it says that they cap you off at 2 orders of the drink, because it's that strong, and you may not be able to drive home. The drink was great and lives up to it's name. My friends and I capped ourselves at 1 drink seeing as it was just the evening.
Looking at the menu I thought of whether the place had healthy standards, seeing as we had just discussed menus in class that Friday, and it seems this restaurant does freshly prepare their meals with multiple chefs, not just heating food up in a microwave, like chain restaurants, for example Applebees  I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone that is looking to have a nice evening out with friends, or even a date. It has a great atmosphere and their food is delicious. For those over 21 they have beer on tap, which is what the restaurant is most famous for and attracts many customers. And remember it's always 5 o clock somewhere.

It's located on Maple Road right off UB North Campus. Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. The place seems really suitable for college students. I also think that having fresh meals and not just heating up in a microwave are really important when we look for a restaurant. I would like go there and hang out with my friends sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is by far my favorite place in buffalo!! Been coming here since my freshman year, heard they had the best ribs in town and they didn't disappoint. After coming here a few times I decided to try something different, I had the drunken chops. This item on the menu has a little * next to it, as it is a house specialty. The chops were absolutely delicious and they give you two huge pork chops with mash potatoes and veggies. The friends I went with were like "damn I wish I got that". So give it a try!! Also, your right the beer selection here is great, my friends and I always chip in for one large beer bong, but next time I go you can be sure Im ordering "the zombie"!!

    ReplyDelete