Sunday, March 3, 2013

Macarons Galore

"A macaron is a sweet meringue-based confectionery made with egg whites, icing sugar, granulated sugar, almond powder or ground almond, and food coloring. The macaron is commonly filled with buttercream or jam filling sandwiched between two cookies. Its name is derived from the Italian word maccarone or maccherone. The confectionery is characterised by its smooth, domed top, ruffled circumference (referred to as the "foot"), and flat base. It is mildly moist and easily melts in the mouth."
(quoted from http://macaronnap.hu/what-is-macaron/)

I AM IN LOVE WITH THESE DELICIOUS TREATS. I received these as a package from a friend back at home. Macarons are very expensive for being so small. One piece is around $2. There are many places in New York City that sell them but it is hard to find ones that taste legit. These macarons that I am showing do not taste as good and fresh as others I've had, but they are still good. Every bit into these goodies is breathless. The sandwich and cream just melts inside your mouth. If anyone gets to chance to go to NYC, visit this store called Laduree. The line is usually always out the door but it is definitely worth the wait. 

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie,

    I love Macaroons. My dad is a baker and makes a really good one. Maybe I will bug him to make some that I can bring into class.

    -John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you go for macarons? I've seen them at over $2 a cookie in the city. They are soooo Good.

    ReplyDelete