Sunday, March 10, 2013

Quinoa!

The Potluck on Friday was awesome!
All of the dishes everyone made were tasty, and I'd say we came up with a pretty great variety for not knowing who was going to bring what! 

Since we had talked about Quinoa one day, I decided I'd give the little seeds a try.

I found this Warm Quinoa Salad Recipe after a bit of help from some friends who have tried it before. This recipe definitely gives you a good serving of vegetables!

The recipe was pretty direct except I made some changes. Instead of tarragon I used fresh basil, and rather than roasted red peppers, I purchased some sun-dried red tomatoes. 

After the quinoa and edamame were done simmering, I threw in a spinach and arugala mixture to wilt them down a little bit. (I toasted some walnuts for a side, but never got to trying the salad with them)




Also, here is the recipe for the dessert I made as well: Nutella Cheesecake Gooey Bars Recipe
For some reason my oven burnt half of the pan, so I had to cut off the bottoms on half of the pieces. So if you make them, yours might have more of a solid bottom!

Oh yeah! I made the quinoa recipe within my break from 3 pm to class at 4 pm, so it definitely doesn't take too long. Easy and healthy!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the potluck as well. That was my first time to eat Quinoa, and it was pretty good. I realized that quinoa is quite light, nutritious, and healthy meal. Also, I like the hint of the flavor of dried tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete